Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To lead a successful career in industry, pursue higher studies and entrepreneurial endeavours.
- To offer techno-commercially feasible and socially acceptable solutions to real life engineering problems.
- To demonstrates effective communication skills, professional attitude and a desire to learn.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Demonstrate knowledge and hands-on competence in the area of characteristics, operations, analysis, design of Electrical Machines and their applications in industry and other fields.
- Demonstrate knowledge of analysis, design and implementation of electrical circuits, electronic circuits, Power electronic circuits, measurements, control systems in different electrical systems.
- Enhance the knowledge in generation, transmission, distribution, protection of electric power, installation, operation and maintenance of power system components with respect to competitive tariff for economic project viability and climate change issues and to understand the need for renewable energy systems for developing clean energy and sustainable technologies.